Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shipping Oddities

Okay, my scrabble tile supplier has decided that their stock is out, gar. That delays things. I hate it when things like that happen. So, I guess we'll have to wait for more pendants. I have a ton to ship tomorrow, so some unlucky person waiting in line behind me at the post office will probably be cursing me under their breath, but hey- that's how it goes. It's the oddest thing though with shipping. I go to the USPS website and enter 1 lb 5oz for weight (which is a little heavier most of the time) and it calculates usually in the $4.95 range. Same with when I stand in line to have them ship them. However when i go to the little electronic, weight it yourself, print it yourself and ship it yourself machine in the post office, it's about $2.50...with a tracking number which is great cause the remainder pays for the shipping supplies. I just don't know why on earth the difference. Anyone else notice that about USPS? I can't figure it out and I'm pretty sure the guy at the postal counter is uh...how do I say this right?...slow. Like,...he seems far far far away. I don't think I'd get a right answer from him anyhow. So, the stickers the machine prints to attach to the box takes up about 60% of the little package but I make it work, lol. It helps to keep weight down when it's small. Oh...look at me, rambling away about shipping of all things. See what happens when you post things after your bedtime?

1 comment:

  1. DONT BUY FROM THIS THIEF! SEE MY OTHER COMMENT! SHE STOLE FROM ME ON ETSY TOOK MY MONEY AND NEVER SENT THE ITEM I PAID FOR IN GOOD FAITH! STEALING IS WRONG THIS PERSON IS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete